Thursday, January 21, 2010

Lamb Stew

Over the holidays we had some friends over that enjoy lamb meat as much as my hubby and I do. So, one of the dishes I cooked was lamb stew. The yummy recipe I have is from my dear friend Celia. I'll share it with you as I got it from her.

Ingredients
  • lamb meat (I usually buy the one that it's already cut for stew)
  • tomatoes, diced
  • green peppers, diced
  • onions, diced
  • cilantro, chopped
  • salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, garlic
  • lime juice
Directions

Wash the lamb meat with lime juice and then water. Add salt, paprika, cumin, chopped garlic, little bit of vinegar to the meat and let it marinate for a while. Add tomatoes, green peppers, onions and cilantro - a very generous quantity. Now that all is assembled you can either cook it on the stove top as my friend does, or take the easy way out, like I do :), and cook it in a slow cooker. If cooked on the stove, make sure that you stir it often and keep an eye on it as it might need some extra water as the liquid evaporates. Cook until the meat is tender and the veggies are cooked. In the slow cooker I cook it overnight on slow. Serve over rice and enjoy!

Thanks Celia for a wonderful recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment